A measurement profile is a set of body measurements for one individual that will be referenced by the KnitFit™ Pattern Generator to inform the sizing of a custom pattern. Measurement profiles are stored in the Measurements.
To add a measurement profile on desktop:
- Go to Measurements.
- Click on Add measurement profile.
- You will be asked your name. Type in your name and click Next.
- The next screen will show a form where you can fill in Date measurements were taken, Unit of measurement, and you can also upload a photo of the person being measured (optional). The date measurement were taken is helpful if you decide to knit a custom pattern using this measurement profile again at a later date in the future. If the date is too far back, you may wish to update the measurements. Unit of measurement tells us whether you are measuring in inches or centimeters, important information for custom pattern generation.
- Click Save.
- After clicking save, further form fields will be shown. Measure the body and record measurements for every field, as any may be required by various custom patterns. Use the help info (hover cursor on the green question bubble next to each field) for detailed information on how to measure.
- Click Save at the bottom of the form.
- A pop-up message will show you the measurements you have recorded. Please review very carefully, as these are the numbers that KnitFit™ Pattern Generator will use when you generate your pattern.
- Click Confirm Measurements.
- This will bring you back to Measurements, where your Measurement Profile will now be shown.
That’s it! You can now generate KnitFit™ Custom Patterns for this measurement profile!
Ready for the next step?
Use your measurement profile to generate a KnitFit™ Custom Pattern!
How to Generate a Custom Pattern